Saturday 11 February 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I'm loving this-find out more about The Simple Woman's Daybook here :)

FOR TODAY

Outside my window
... it is sunny, beautiful clear blue sky, but oh-so chilly! Winter hasn't had any snow up here since November, but it has been in the minuses for a long time.

I am thinking...
of my Dad, who is going through a rough time, after a rough 2011 as well. I hope he can hold up.

I am thankful...
for my home, my husband and children, our health.

In the kitchen...
there are vitamin/mineral supplements for me, as I have embarked on my road to healing, lots of yummies for the others.

I am wearing...
my nicest dark jeans and a top that is in all reality not warm enough for this weather. I need to go get some layers on. I crave wool!!!

I am creating...
on the needles is my baby girl's new pinky/reddy scarf (she chose her own wool). I'm a new knitter so am really pleased!

I am going...
out with my small daughters today. Mr D is doing 'car stuff' so we are bailing out. Shopping, lunch and whatever else we find on our way :)

I am wondering...
if I'll ever crack this optimum health thing.

I am reading...
a lot of books, both on Kindle and hard copies. I have 'The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest', 'Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Dummies', 'Last Child In The Woods' and a good few more on the go!

I am hoping...
to find relaxation time in my day as well as fun.

I am looking forward to...
the cinema tomorrow with an old friend I've not seen in ages.

I am learning...
to not take it all to heart, to chillll, to prioritise and put 'us' first. 
 
Around the house...
work-week dust settling, and the house is starting to feel relaxed, cosy and ours again :)

I am pondering....
how the week ahead will pan out. Babies off school, so the options are endless. I need to be productive as well as enjoy our time off!
 
A favorite quote for today...
"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it"-Jim Goodman/Sidney J. Harris

One of my favorite things...
is my husband in his chunky-knit, moss green Monsoon jumper. So lovely. And huggable.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
clearing out rooms, paying bills, getting a new routine sorted for work.

A peek into my day...
shopping, lunch, knitting, good tv, good coffee, hugs :)

Milkshake Baby!


No comments: